1. The Chinese New Year festival landed on the hottest day of an otherwise very cold summer so we sat on the kerb slathered in sunblock until the parade appeared with a clash of cymbals and general cacophony. I thought the horse-headed walkers risked falling over the edge from funny to, frankly, slightly disturbing. But it IS the year of the horse, you see.
2. Daughter-One and I went to see "Saving Mr Banks" at the local movie theatre mid-week, which meant we almost had it to ourselves. Almost ... apart from the two "commentators" sitting right behind us. They both appeared to have no problems with their eyesight so I am not sure why they felt the need to point out "awww.. she's crying" and "ooh, she's tapping her feet!" and "oh, she's on the merry-go-round". If you are going to talk through a movie at least have an opinion about what you are seeing and don't just state the bleeding obvious.
3. You never know what you are going to see if you go downtown on the day of the Rugby Sevens tournament in Wellington. (It's no longer about the game, it's just about the costumes.
I only went downtown to take photos of banks (for another project).
4. I've never had such willing subjects.
5. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming to the store at Designer Digitals this weekend: